Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Inner Workings

Apparently, the human brain is at least 1,000 times more powerful than previously thought (The Mind's 'Enigma Machine', The Daily Telegraph, 24 Jan 06). It is estimated that, if you connected a Pentium 4 computer to every connection on the global internet, the average brain would still be 100 times more powerful.

Medical students are often flattered to be told that they are amongst the top 3% of the country when it comes to matters of intellect. Given these statistics, why is it that I have great difficulty in remembering the names of people?

Unless it has something to do with that (rather delicious) steamed sheep's brain I ate in Paris when I was eighteen...

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...