Monday, February 06, 2006

Pushing His Luck

A young man attended the evening surgery complaining that his penile warts had recurred. He was duly advised to attend the local Genito-Urinary (V.D.) Clinic. His response was to complain bitterly that he was unable to travel to the local hospital. However, after a fairly protracted discussion I managed to persuade him that the clinic was the most appropriate place for his warts to be treated and that he was perfectly capable of using the public transport to travel the distance of fifteen miles. He finally agreed, albeit with great reluctance.

Imagine my surprise when, as he rose to leave my room, he proceeded to proudly inform me how he had just returned from successfully completing a fifty mile charity walk in China!


(First published in GP Magazine, March 2005.)

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...