Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On the day Gordon Brown became Prime Minister

The following (using quotes from Gordon Brown) is a poem I wrote:

On the day Gordon Brown became Prime Minister

‘I have heard the need for change.
…now let the work of change begin.’


Footage of journeys along The Mall;
political metamorphosis by Royal Assent.
Traditional photo-shoot at number 10
of this nation’s primary (Scottish) gent.

‘I remember words…which matter a great deal today:
“I will try my utmost”.’


Forgive a somewhat jaded view
from a veteran of decades past.
Successive governments have promised as much;
will your offerings be the ones to last?

‘I will build a government that uses all the talents.’

Are you capable of bringing stability?
Will your changes be climacteric?
Will patients see improvements they seek?
Are your sound-bites empty rhetoric?

(c) Copyright Dr Tusitala 2007

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...