Saturday, February 03, 2007

Not Quite What the Doctor Ordered

The following was sent to me this morning. Whilst perhaps not quite what the doctor ordered, it is certainly ‘food for thought’:


After an exhaustive review of research literature, here's the final
word on nutrition and health:

1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

3. Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than us.

4. Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than us.

5. Germans drink beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer
fewer heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Music to ears of my poor husband!

I prefer him to eat what is good for him, he finds my dietry advice irritating.

Perhaps it is Listening to English from an overprotective partner is the thing that causes the problem.

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...