Thursday, February 23, 2006

First Impressions

I have previously referred to my Kentish origins and how I had been given a warm welcome on venturing north of the Watford Gap. Having been here for over twenty years, patients no longer venture forth with remarks such as ‘you’re not from round here, are you doctor?’

It therefore came as a refreshing surprise to be informed by a fellow diner at my club on Tuesday evening that a friend of his had spoken to me on the telephone. Having not met me before, the friend later remarked to my informant, ‘I don’t know who this Tusitala is, but he sounds a reet posh bastard.’

Veritas praevalebit!

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...