Monday, April 13, 2009

The Magic Flute in Fifty Words

A few years ago I accepted the challenge of describing a named opera in no more than fifty words. It is not an easy task! However, the result is shared below:


The Magic Flute

Romance parallels Masonic ritual.

Through luminary initiation and the assistance of three genii, ophidiophobic, muted, magic-flautist Tamino and lovelorn, tipsy, campanological Papageno rescue suicidal Pamina from the debauched Moor, Monostatos, and unite her with Tamino. Papageno discovers his feathery amour, Papagena; Sarastro is pardoned and the evil Nocturnal Queen banished.


I now challenge you to try your own hand at one!

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...