Thursday, January 26, 2006

Numerical Conundrum

Maybe I have been reading too many Dan Brown books regarding the alleged significance of pentagrams and the number five (see The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons). However, for the past three mornings I have spontaneously awoken to the time 5.55 on the digital clock.

I am not certain as to the significance, but it sure does set the mind thinking!

The Oxford Dictionary wasn't at all helpful, giving the definition of 'five' as 'one more than four'. Great! I suppose it is an accurate definition, but hardly of help to me.

A quick search on the internet brought up an interesting site developed by someone who had experienced the same as myself. The site can be found at: http://www.crystalinks.com/555.html It gives a lot of detail about the symbolism of the number five and pentagrams etc. However, it still doesn't answer the question as to the significance of the occurrence of 555 on the alarm clock for three days in a row.

I will tell you if it happens five days in a row. Now, that would be very thought-provoking.

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...