Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Postcard from the Yorkshire Dales (2)

Sunday, 29th January 2006

Today is my birthday.

I am forty-six years old. Four and six add up to ten, which is my lucky number, so it is going to be a good year. In fact, the numbers in today’s date, 29.01.2006, add up to 20; twenty can be twice divided by ten, which must mean that it is going to be a doubly good year.

As an Aquarian, I am also in good company. Robert Burns was born on the 25th January and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was 250 years old on the 27th January this year. (The DJ, Tony Blackburn, was born on the 29th January, but I try to ignore that fact.)

A few days ago, I mentioned that I had awoken at 5.55 each morning for three days in a row. I can lend significance to that today; I was born at 5.55, only it was in the evening. However, surely there has to be a good omen in there somewhere!

It is also the Chinese New Year, which is an interesting coincidence as it varies from year to year.

So, the portents are looking good. Coupled with a crisp frosty landscape outside, I think I can step boldly forward into my next year of adventure, enterprise and self-discovery.

There is also a bottle of champagne in the fridge, so that looks encouraging…

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...