Thursday, March 16, 2006

Reaching for the Stars

Although the subject is not widely recognised amongst serious scientific circles, I confess to having more than a passing interest in the subject of Astrology. Within the consulting room I often amuse myself by quietly guessing, from the various psychological clues put forward, the star sign of the patient sitting in front of me.

I was recently somewhat surprised when a patient made an appointment simply to request some of the Aquarius Cream I had previously prescribed for her. My mind instantly wandered off to the Zodiac. However, a quick check of her date of birth confirmed that she had been born in November, under the sign of Scorpio. Had she, I idly wondered, decided that she would prefer her birthday to be therapeutically moved to January?

However, a more serious check of her past prescriptions clarified everything and she happily left with a prescription for Aqueous Cream. My fleeting thought of a career change to some sort of Psychotherapeutic Astrologer dissolved almost as quickly as the thought had arisen.

No comments:

The Power of Love

Looking through my writing archives for the month of March, I came across the following article, initially published in my weekly column for...